Monitoring FreeBSD with MuninMunin is a monitoring tool available in the FreeBSD ports. It tracks the vital signs of your servers and charts everything on graphs by day, week, month and year. It makes it easy to see when your server gets spikes of traffic and how well it handles them. It can also show you how your traffic is increasing over the month or year so that you can plan out when you will need to upgrade or add more servers.
|on FreeNAS||# cd /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos/
|# vi local.conf||set enable to No|
|# vi FreeBSD.conf||set enable to yes|
Munin is split between two ports. One port is for the clients and one is for the server that tracks and charts the data. On all machines that you plan to monitor, including the machine that will act as the munin server if you wish, install munin-node from the ports.
| # pkg install munin-node
will prompt you to add the group. Press y for both these as they come up.
You need a group "munin". Would you like me to create it [y]? y
Would you like me to set up log rotation [y]? y
Now that munin-node has been installed you need to enable it in the rc.conf file before you can run it.
Open the file and add the following line
|# ee /etc/rc.conf|
Munin-Node Config FileThe munin node config file contains the settings as well as the ips that can access the data from the node. Open this file:
|# ee /usr/local/etc/munin/munin-node.conf|
The only critical setting in this file that you will need to change at first is the list of allowed addresses. It defaults to only allow the localhost to access the node data. If you are running the munin-main server on the same machine then this is all you will want, but if you have it on a seperate machine you will need to add the ip. If your server running munin-main was on 192.168.0.50 you would add the following:
allow ^192\.168\.0\.50$If munin node is already running restart it to put these changes into effect with:
# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/munin-node.sh restart
Starting up Munin-NodeNow that your node is configurated start it up from the rc.d folder.
# sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/munin-node.sh start Starting munin_node.You can test that everything is working correctly by telneting into munin from the local machine. Type version to check the munin version and fetch cpu to see the current cpu stats.
# telnet localhost 4949 Trying 127.0.0.1... Connected to localhost.freebsdmadeeasy.com. Escape character is '^]'. # munin node at www.freebsdmadeeay.com version munins node on www.freebsdmadeeasy.com version: 1.2.5 fetch cpu user.value 11975593 nice.value 14303 system.value 5550264 interrupt.value 3717056 idle.value 948846761 . quit Connection closed by foreign host.
- Installing Munin
# pkg install munin-node
Updating local repository catalogue...
pkg: Repository local load error: access repo file(/var/db/pkg/repo-local.sqlite) failed: No such file or directory
pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/meta.txz: No such file or directory
repository local has no meta file, using default settings
pkg: file:///usr/ports/packages/packagesite.txz: No such file or directory
Unable to update repository local
Error updating repositories!
- Munin-Node on Debian
- CPU | Core i3-9100F 3.6GHz, 6MB Cache, LGA 1151, 9th Gen
- KVM | freeipa user Management on Debian 10
- Proxmox Anzahl Backups definieren
- Fehler bei Proxmox installationen und Lösungen
- SRV-04 | Disk SSD and HDD
- Perfect Server Hardware for Virtualization | Proxmox | pve-04 (srv-04)
- CPU Kühler | Noctua NH-D9L
- SATA III - Kabel 500mm Rot
- DISK CAGE | IcyDock - FatCage MB153SP-B
- MOTHERBOARD | SuperMicro X11SCL-LN4F
- FAN | Noctua NF-A6x25 PWM - Gehäuselüfter - 60 mm
- FAN | Noctua NF-R8 redux-1200, 80mm
- POWER | Sea Sonic G Series 650 - 80 PLUS Gold
- 19" 3HE Server-Gehäuse | IPC 3U-3098-S - 53cm tief, ATX
- DISK HDD | TOSHIBA S300 (SATA-III, 6 TB) HDWT360UZSVA
- DISK HDD | TOSHIBA X300 (SATA-III, 6 TB) HDWE160EZSTA
- DISK HDD | Seagate Harddisk Ironwolf - 6TB - ST6000VN0033
- RAM | Kingston Server Premier - DDR4 - 16 GB
- DISK HDD | SEAGATE Exos 7E8, 512e SATA, 6.0TB (ST6000NM0115)
- CPU | Core i7-9700K "Coffee Lake", 8x 3.6GHz (4.9GHz), Sockel 1151, Boxed (BX80684I79700K)
- SuperMicro X11SSM-F
- Joomla - Apache2 - php-fpm | Mod-php | Fast-cgi?
- php install end NOTICE: